If your job entails long sitting hours and you find it hard getting time for the gym or generally exercising, you’ll need a method that makes use of your sitting time to exercise the body. Among the most viable methods is the use of under desk bikes. These miniature exercise bikes allow you work at your desk as you work out your lower body. Even better, you can use them to work out your upper body as well.
After reviewing a large number of these bikes, we came up with 10 of the best. These bikes offer the best features such as being quiet, quality materials, ease of use and the extras they come with. The DeskCycle Under Desk Exercise Bike and Pedal Exerciser comes out as the best of them all.
When choosing an under desk bike, a lot of consideration needs to go into such factors as the noise level and height of the bike. You don’t want to be making noise for the rest of the office and neither do you want to hurt your knees by knocking them under your desk. Other than that, the quality should also be considered for longevity of service.
10 Best Under Desk Bikes
The list of the 10 best under desk bikes has the following entries:
1. DeskCycle Under Desk Exercise Bike and Pedal Exerciser
Not only is the DeskCycle Under Desk Exercise Bike the best, but the company is among the most experienced as it started manufacturing bikes to use under the desk a while back. For this reason, they’ve perfected the art of creating small yet very effective bikes for office use.
The DeskCycle is very quiet such that your workout won’t distract you or your workmates around you. It achieves this owing to the use of magnetic resistance rather than actual physical resistance. As magnets only need to be close together without touching, there’s no noise from the bike.
It also has a very low profile with the pedals only rising 9.5 inches above the ground. That means that even the tallest of users can enjoy its benefits with desks as low as 27 inches still providing enough room to work out
You can increase or decrease the resistance in the pedals through 8 settings as per your fitness levels.
- Works with desks as low as 27 inches from the ground.
- Weighs only 24 lbs.
- Very quiet workings.
- 8 resistance settings.
- Display for the distance covered, speed, calories burned.
- Connects to mobile apps such as Apple HealthKit and Fitbit via Bluetooth.
2. FitDesk Cycle Under Desk Cycle
Another great under desk bike is the FitDesk Cycle. It weighs the same as the DeskCycle and packs almost similar features. As such, you’ll have yourself a quality bike with 8 resistance settings to go through as you please. The only reason it’s second on our list is the lack of connection with a mobile app.
- Low desk height at just 26 inches.
- Weighs 24 lbs.
- There’s a display for calories burned, distance covered and speed.
- 8 magnetic resistance settings.
- Very quiet.
3. DeskCycle 2 Under-Desk Exercise Bike and Pedal Exerciser
As the second entry from DeskCycle, this newer version of their under desk bike has great reviews from users on online shopping platforms and comes with enough features to warrant the reviews.
It employs the magnetic resistance model used in premium under desk bikes with the result that it’s very quiet and smooth when in use. The pedals feature straps and rubber to maintain your grip as you pedal away.
- Works with low desks (as low as 27 inches).
- Uses magnetic resistance with 8 settings.
- Very quiet and smooth when in use.
- You can also adjust the maximum pedal height between 9 and 10 inches as per your height and that of your desk.
- Small body for ease of carrying around.
4. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Mini Exercise Bike
When it comes to versatility, few bikes can outdo the Sunny Mini Exercise Bike. It’s among the lightest quality under desk bikes and can be used on your arms and upper body as well.
Weighing only 21 lbs, this bike is as light as they come. Aside from that, you get enough clearance for your knees under your desk with an average person getting at least 2 inches of space when the knee is at its highest.
- 8 micro-tension controller levels.
- Very quiet.
- At least 2 inches of clearance from under the desk.
- Weighs 21 lbs.
- Display for distance, time, calories, speed, time and ODM.
- Lacks connection to mobile apps.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B0418 Magnetic Mini Exercise Bike
The second entry from Sunny Health & Fitness is the SF-B0418. It’s a dynamic bike that can be used for the legs as well as the hands. At the top is a handle for carrying it around whenever you need to.
It’s legs are made of rubber to provide a firm and steady footing which ensures the bike doesn’t move even when paddling at the highest resistance level. Beyond that, it features 8 resistance settings based on magnets to provide a quiet yet very smooth experience.
- Digital monitor to provide an overview of the calories burned, distance covered, ODM, time and the speed.
- Easy adjustment with the tension knob located right below the digital screen.
- Weighs just 21 lbs.
• A bit costly.
6. MagneTrainer-ER Mini Exercise Bike Arm and Leg Exerciser
When it comes to under desk bikes, those that also double up as arm bikes are among the best. The MagneTrainer does that in a sizable package.
The bike has wide feet covering 15 inches for stability especially when you’re recovering from injury and you can’t risk more damage. The use of magnets also makes this a very quiet bike for use at any location you want to.
It packs the usual great features such as the LCD screen and pedals designed to be comfortable when used by the arms as well as the legs.
- Magnetic resistance which is very quiet, smooth and offers a range of resistances.
- Offers more than the 8 ranges of resistance.
- LCD display for speed, time, calories burned and distance covered.
- Wide feet for stability.
- Adjustable pedal straps to accommodate all feet sizes.
• A bit expensive.
7. 3D Innovations DeskCycle Bike Pedal Exerciser
The third entry from DeskCycle is their bike pedal exerciser which offers some premium features in a nice little package. It’s among the smallest bikes from DeskCycle and thus offers a lot of convenience both in use and transportation. It’s also a smaller profile than its competitors yet uses the same great magnetic resistance for a quiet and smooth pedaling experience.
It has 8 resistance settings which means you can go from an easy pedaling session to a full workout. You also get the LCD screen for your speed, time and other metrics as you work out.
The only downside is that it’s not suited for use for the upper body.
- Small profile to occupy little space under your desk.
- Magnetic resistance with 8 settings.
- Quiet pedaling.
- Straps to hold your feet in place as you pedal.
• Can’t be used comfortably for the hands.
8. Vaunn Medical Folding-Pedal Exerciser With Electronic Display
While the other bikes on the list pack lots of features, the Vaunn Folding-Pedal Exerciser comes with a skeleton body but has all you’ll need in a bike. It’s focused on minimalism and cheapness but delivers what you need from an under desk bike.
It can fold into a small piece that can be easily carried around. Better yet, it only weights 2.3 pounds.
- Only weighs 2.3 pounds.
- Can fold instantly for ease of transportation.
- Can be used to work the arms as well as the legs.
- LCD panel for time, calories burned, speed and revolutions covered.
- Resistance control to switch the difficulty.
- Non-skid rubber pedals with pedal straps for safety.
- Offers lower resistance compared to the others on the list.
9. Vive Desk Bike Cycle
Another one with a minimalist approach to the under desk bike concept, the Vive Desk Bike Cycle packs only the needed features for those not in need of a very complex and intimidating piece.
It’s very easy to set up as it comes with a few pieces to put together. The result is a cheap yet very effective bike for your leg workouts. Better yet, you can also use it to work the upper body by placing it on a desk and pedaling with your hands.
The most talked about feature for this bike is the non-slip nature of the feet and pedals. No matter the surface you place it on, this bike will stay in place as you work out.
- Foldable design for storage and transportation.
- Simple assembly consisting of a few parts.
- Minimal design that occupies little space.
- Screen for displaying the time, speed, RPM and calories burned.
- Weighs only 6.4 pounds.
- No companion app on mobile.
10. Stamina InStride Folding Cycle
Rounding off our top 10 is the Stamina InStride folding cycle. It’s a simple bike that offers just what you need in a small profile. Better yet, you can fold it into a tiny package that can be easily moved around.
This minimal bike can be used on the floor or desk to work the legs and hands as you please. Instead of magnetic resistance, it uses tension resistance. The good news is, you get many resistance levels without sacrificing comfort or making noise for others.
- Portable folding design to save on space and for other conveniences.
- Tension control offering various resistance settings.
- Quiet pedaling.
- Can be used for the hands or legs.
- Battery-operated electronic display for time, speed and other metrics.
- Made of steel for longevity and sturdiness.
- Textured pedals for better grip.
- No companion app on mobile phones.
These bikes can be purchased directly from online stores such as Amazon and others. While they may be a bit tedious to use at first, you soon get a hang of it and there will be no better way to stay fit at the office than with your bike.
Aspects to Consider When Choosing an Under Desk Bike
When in the market for an under desk bike, you should focus on the following aspects about the bikes:
While you’ll be buying this little bike for your office workouts, you’ll likely end up needing one at home as well. Instead of buying a second one, you’re better off buying a light one that can be easily carried home and used after work.
The foldable ones shine at this and should be highly considered when looking at the portability. Even without getting a foldable one, consider the size and weight.
These bikes aren’t all created equal. For example, some can be used to pedal the hands and legs while others can be used for forward and backward pedaling. Still, others can be adjusted to accommodate the height of the desk and other features. Always ensure you’re getting the best for your needs.
The best thing to do when getting an under desk bike is to consider your needs and how much you’re willing to pay. Just because a bike is expensive doesn’t mean you’ll love it. Instead consider what you want and how much it’ll cost to get it.
Ensure that you get a bike that allows you pedal freely without hitting your knees on the underside of your desk. That entails your body height and the size of the bike. While most are meant to accommodate everyone, other aspects may come into play leading to less space for you.
For this aspect, the best material for your under desk bike should be steel. It’s considerably light but, most importantly, it’s strong and will last you a lifetime. You don’t want the bike breaking down only after a few months of use.
6. Noise Level
Given that it’s an office item, the under desk bike you choose ought it be very quiet. The items on this list are the quietest you can get. However, keeping them in good condition goes a long way in ensuring it remains silent for long enough.
7. Extra Features
The main extra with under desk bikes is the connection with mobile apps and other connections such as WiFi. While not a deal-breaker, this feature can really help you keep track of your metrics as you work out each day.
These considerations will lead to the right choice for your bike whether you’re getting one for the first time or are a regular user.
Thanks pertaining to offering these sort of terrific information.